Hello NKM & BJJ folks!
2015 is coming to a close and that means a whole new year of possibilities. I don’t know about you, but I love the feeling of anticipation that typically comes with the end of one year and the beginning of another.
In 2015, we celebrated three years of making middle Tennessee safer and healthier. We have been living out our mission:
“…..to create positive change in people’s lives using proven self-defense and fitness methods in a simple, family-oriented atmosphere while creating effective programs to make our family, friends, and community safer and healthier.”
We achieve our mission daily by teaching real, street smart self-defense – Krav Maga, expanding our curriculum to include self-defense oriented BJJ, and by making sure we have the best trained, most highly qualified personnel in the area. All of this has been accomplished while offering a facility that makes everyone who walks in the door feel safe and comfortable training while learning to defend themselves.
So what does 2016 hold for us? Several things! The first is by beginning the year with a bang as we move into our new facility located in the Watson Glen Shopping Center in Franklin. It is a mere 14 miles from our current location. There were many dynamics involved in this decision, but to put it simply, it’s what NKM & BJJ needs to take the next step to reaching and doing more for middle Tennessee.
How does this affect you, the family of NKM & BJJ? Other than changing the address, it is just another expansion of what we do.
At our new location:
- The training floors will be larger, the facility less confined, and the parking will be less congested.
- Our kids H.E.R.O. program will be expanding to reach those in our community in an effort to prevent suffering through bullying, adult predators, and childhood obesity.
- We will be working with new organizations to change people from victims to victors, prevent them from ever having to be afraid to be who they are, and break the cycle of violence so many find themselves in.
- In addition, there will be some new programs and classes in 2016 that have never been done regularly in any other school in the area.
- We continue to offer the best training to our current and future members in Krav Maga, BJJ, and fitness classes. Making all of our members safer, healthier, and leaders in their spheres of influence.
- And will moved forward with the same world class instruction completely focused on you – the student.
So as we approach 2016, let’s finish this year strong and press onward toward the new year with renewed vigor, purpose, and intensity. This is your gym. This is your family. This is your opportunity to set new goals and to smash them. I can’t wait for 2016 and what we will accomplish together.
The Management Team
Chris, Dan, Josh, and Shawn